Our Racing and Test & Tunes are now completed for the 2023 Race Season!
Please check back for our 2024 Race Schedule which we will post as soon as it is available.
REMINDER TO PICK UP YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER at the TRIP ZIP CAFE tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
HOLIDAY GIFT CERTIFICATES!
Do you need that Perfect Gift? It’s that time of year where we can help you and make your Holiday Shopping a little easier.
Stop in at Woodburn Dragstrip or give us a call at 503-982-4461 to purchase a Holiday Gift Certificate.
Regulations for each class will be available in the 2024 Woodburn Dragstrip Racer Handbook.
As always, if you have an urgent matter or questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us: 503-982-4461
Office is open Monday – Friday from 9 am – 4:30 pm through the
off-season and closed for Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving,
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day.
Please check back for our 2024 Season Events & Tickets Prices on “theFOAT.com”
See additional information about our upcoming events on our ‘RACER INFO’ or ‘SPECTATORS’ pages.
Mandatory Competition Number $10
All Racers Must present their 2024 Woodburn Dragstrip Competition Card at the ticket gate upon entry. (Exceptions to paying the yearly fee are any NHRA Licensed Driver competing at the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, NHRA Super Quick Series, NHRA Infinity Coach Jr Race Series and NHRA Summit ET Finals)
Attention all Drivers under the age of 18!!
Mandatory Requirements are: Valid State Driver’s License, 2024 Woodburn Dragstrip “Minor” Competition Form and ‘Minor Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement which the minor’s Legal Guardian(s) are required to sign in front of track management at the office, or, Guardians can have the form notarized and bring it to the track office.
If you have any questions, please call the office 503-982-4461.
Handbooks & Rulebooks
It’s the driver’s responsibility to know the rules.
2023 NHRA Rulebooks – Now online
You can find the most current NHRA Rulebook and Amendments online at
NHRARacer.com (under Rules)
Please also check NHRARacer.com periodically for notifications of amendments and rulebook updates.
NHRA Releases 2023 Rulebook Amendment Updates
The NHRA Technical Department has released additional
2023 Rule Amendments. Unless otherwise noted in this document,
these additional amendments will come into effect immediately.
The 2023 NHRA Rulebook Amendments can be found under the
Rules section of NHRARacer.com.
These amendments include the following changes…
- Top Alcohol Funny Car Rear Wicker updated
National Hot Rod Association
- 2023 NHRA Rulebook Amendments
- 2022 to 2023 Rulebook Amendments
- Street Legal Rules Section of NHRA Rulebook
- NHRA Summit Racing Series Street Legal EV Series Rules Section of NHRA Rulebook
- 2022 to 2023 JDRL Rulebook Amendments
- 2022 JDRL Rulebook Amendments
- Jr Street Rules Section of NHRA Rulebook
NHRA JDRL RACERS: PLEASE READ THIS NHRA STATEMENT:
NHRA would like to send out a few helpful reminders to ensure that all of our Woodburn Dragstrip racers and families have a fun and safe time at the track. With the next race coming up soon, now is the time to run through your checklists and make sure everything is ready to go out and Win a Championship.
As always, all rules and procedures outlined in the NHRA 2023 JDRL Rulebook will be in effect and enforced at every event. If you need to look over the current policies or brush up on rules affecting your car and class, please visit www.NHRAracer.com. In addition, we have included a list below of some of the more common issues that our competitors run into during the Conference Finals.
- All safety equipment MUST meet current SFI standards and be in date.
- Anything on wheels can only be operated by an adult or 16 years of age with a state-issued driver’s license. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- All drivers must have a valid NHRA JDRL license with a current physical and birth certificate on file.
- Drivers must remain FULLY RESTRAINED until the vehicle has come to a complete stop off the track (No removal or loosening of safety belts or restraints).
- Helmets must remain ON & FULLY TIGHTENED until the vehicle has come to a complete stop off track.
- The driver’s head/helmet must always remain inside of the roll cage, from ready line to return road.
- All ballast must be secured and placed according to NHRA specifications. Loose ballast is prohibited.
- Manipulation of the timing or AutoStart systems is strictly prohibited.
- No unsportsmanlike conduct at any time during the event, either on or off track.
- Dial-ins must be clearly visible and AFFIXED to the car. Dial-in boards MAY NOT be held.
Our goal is to provide everyone with a safe, fair, and fun Racing experience.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the policies and procedures outlined above, as well as the 2023 JDRL rulebook.
Violations may be grounds for disqualification at the sole discretion of the Race Director. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Division Director for clarification.
VIP Trackside Reserved Campers who had a space(s) in the 2022 season, have first choice to renew their space(s) until March 5th, 2023.
After March 5th, any open space(s) will be filled in the order of receipt (first-come, first-served basis). We have a wait list for every Major event, so get your request in as soon as possible.
Please mail or email your requests (for a VIP Reserved Trackside camp space). You can email to: email@example.com.
After March 15th, we will know what is available and if you get a space. If you renew or are new to getting a space, we will call you for your credit card information.
*Do NOT include payment for a new request.
**Please note that the date changed for the HOT ROD NATIONALS which will now be on August 4th-6th.
- First come first served Overnight Pit / General Camping $15 per night
- $60 per camp space at Major* & Special Weekend Events*
- $100 for Night of Fire Weekend*
*Spaces must be reserved in advance by mailing or emailing your Reserved Trackside Camping form to the track or email.
Reserved Trackside Camping is available at the following events:
- Nostalgia Nationals
- Season Opener
- Oldies but Goodies
- NHRA/Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series
- Night of Fire
- Hot Rod Nationals and Fall Classic
- Quiet time is 10 pm - 7 pm
- Please do NOT start your race vehicles prior to 8 am
- No glass bottles, ever.
- Woodburn Dragstrip is an O.L.C.C. Licensed Facility, and All Alcohol must be purchased on the premises.
- Outside Alcohol may be confiscated
- In-ground fires are NOT permitted.
- Dogs must always be on a 6-foot leash.
- Noone under 16 may drive on any wheels (bikes, skateboards, golf carts, mini bikes, etc.).
- No motorized vehicles after dark.
- Motorhomes with leveling jacks must have 12"x12" plate underneath each jack.
- All Trackside Campers: Vehicles/Trailers/Canopies are required to be 10 feet back from fence (behind the 10 foot burn line).
Our track dog policy is "NO DOGS ALLOWED" due to the loud car and jet noises. We have had animals break free and the track is on a busy highway where they could run and get hit. Having said that, we do understand that with the convenience of motorhomes and campers, it is hard not to bring your animals with you on a long weekend. Your dog(s) will be allowed to stay in your camp space/pit area as long as they are on a 6-foot leash. We also ask that you keep a tight rein on your animals or place them inside your camper, motorhome, trailer, etc. when the loud nitro cars and jets race, as they make break loose.
The animal's safety comes first!
If you plan on leaving your animal in your vehicle, you need to leave it at home. It is against Oregon State* and Woodburn Dragstrip's Policy to keep any animals in your car unattended. If it happens and the office is notified, we will make several announcements to locate you and get you back to your vehicle. If you do not return to your vehicle, we will (allowed by Oregon law), break your window to get the animal out.
*On June 22, 2022, a new Oregon law took effect that expanded protection for children and pets left alone in vehicles. The law shields members of the public from damages if they break into a car to save the life of a pet or child.
Traveling North or South on Interstate 5 in Oregon, go west from the Woodburn Exit (# 271) for 1½ miles.
Heading to the track, you will pass through a round-a-bout. You will need to stay in the 'right lane' to get through and continue to the track.
Woodburn Dragstrip will be located on your left, after crossing the railroad tracks. (immediately past the Woodburn Golf Course)
Heading back to town (Woodburn), you will pass through a round-a-bout. You will need to stay in the 'left lane' to get through and continue to town or outlet mall.
Golf Cart Rental
Golf Car reservations must be made two weeks in advance as we have a limited amount available.
Reservations can be made by calling: Woodburn Dragstrip at 503-982-4461 two weeks in advance.
You Must be 21 years of age and older to rent a golf cart.
**4 Passenger Golf Carts may be available - there is a 3-day minimum rental.
Please call the office for availability and prices.
- AA Supercharged Racing
- Class Racer
- Competition Plus
- Drag Race Central
- Drag Race Results
- Drag Racing Online
- Gasser Wars Magazine
- Inside Top Alcohol
- Jr. Dragster
- NHRA Divison 6
- NHRDA – National Hot Rod Diesel Association
- NWDRA ~ Northwest Drag Racing Association
- NW Drag Racing Photography
- Pro Nostalgia
- Speedzone Magazine